Do you run a huge business that requires you to pay customers on a recurring basis? If you don’t know how to set up auto payments in QuickBooks, we will provide you with the instruction you need.
For small business owners, you need suitable software that allows you to easily increase your sales and improve customer service. QuickBooks provides an easy-to-use platform where business owners can provide their customers with an easy and convenient payment option that includes automatic payments for your products or services.
Learn more about how automatic payment works for your small business and also you need them as well as how to set up auto payments in QuickBooks Online.
Automatic Payment for Small Business
Automatic payment is the same thing as a recurring payment. For businesses that offer customers services or products in which customers frequently come back, then you need an automatic bill payment to help ease the process of payment.
Auto-pay is fully known as automatic payments and QuickBooks is one of the best automatic payment systems to keep up with early payments of your customer. There are different options to set up auto-pay in QuickBooks online.
How to Set up Auto Payments in QuickBooks Online
With QuickBooks Online it is very simple and easy to set up & use the platform for auto payment and billing services. Hence, when you schedule for auto-billing and invoicing, this indicates that the accounting software has to generate invoices for your customer using their payment info. Likewise, they will be able to receive them monthly without your prompting.
Here is the following step in setting up a recurring payments QuickBooks for customers:
- Login to your QuickBooks account.
- Then, select the Plus icon (+) and select Sales Receipt.
- Choose the customer you want to set auto payment for.
- Then, select the product your customer need.
- Select a payment method or card from the list of the payment method options provided.
- Select Make Recurring.
- Then, select a suitable name for the template that is most recognizable.
- Select Scheduled as the Type.
- Select the Interval that QuickBooks needs to charge a customer.
- Pick a start date for the automated charges.
- Then, enter the number of Occurrences.
- Finally, click Save Template.
First of all, understand that before you can set up your customer for an auto-payment on QuickBooks, you need to get approval from your customer for recurring charges on their account.
How to set up recurring payments in QuickBooks desktop
The procedure how to set up an automatic payment for recurring invoices is simple. For easy and quick payment from your customer or want to set up an easy cash flow through your business. Then, you need to set up autopay for recurring invoices for your business.
Here is the following step to set up recurring payments in the QuickBooks desktop.
- First of all, create your invoice and choose to Create a recurring invoice on the transaction. Aside from that, you can as well set up a recurring template.
- Then, you need to choose a frequency interval as well as the start date and end date of the recurring invoice.
- Once you complete the recurring invoice, you can then select Save template.
Importantly, you don’t need to create a new invoice if you have already set up a recurring invoice. Also, the can only work if your customer makes use of the payment method you set up on your invoice.
Afterward, you can as well check the autopay status of your customers by visiting Get Paid & Pay, then selecting Invoice. There you can check the auto payment status of your customer.
QuickBooks recurring payments fees
Business owners using QuickBooks Payments to receive payments from QuickBooks need to understand that there’s a processing fee. However, it is important to keep a tab of the latest processing fee rates and pricing by visiting the QuickBooks Payments website. Here is a quick view of the QuickBooks payments fee:
|Fee Type||QuickBooks Online||QuickBooks Desktop “pay as you go” Plan||QuickBooks Desktop “Pay monthly” Plan5|
|ACH bank transfer||$1% (Max $10)||$3.00||$3.00|
|Credit card – swiped||2.4% + 25 ¢||2.4% + 30 ¢||1.6% + 30 ¢|
|Credit card – online invoice||2.9% + 25 ¢||3.5% + 30 ¢||3.3% + 30 ¢|
|Credit card – keyed||3.4% + 25 ¢||3.5% + 30 ¢||3.5% + 30 ¢|